How to play the Games
Join us for our 2021 Summer Reading Games! This year’s theme is Tails and Tales. Studies show the importance of keeping kids reading regularly all year round. To participate, sign up here, then create an account on READsquared. We also prepared many exciting programs for you to join( book clubs, performances, arts and crafts, etc) Here are some basic rules:
- Summer Reading Game is for kids reading independently and Read-to-Me Game is for pre-reader or those who are mostly being read to.
- You will earn one point from either reading or attending a library program(virtual or in-person) for one hour. For the Summer Reading Game: You can claim a prize for every 5 points up to 20 points, after 20 points, every 10 points for a prize. We have great swag( including books)! For the Read-to-Me Game: You can claim a prize for every 5 points up to 30 points, after 30 points, every 10 points for a prize.
- Check out our 2021 SRG program flyer for all the library programs in the summer.
- To create a READsquared account, click here (Login starts on Monday, 6/14).
- Does your child love reading? Our Tails & Tales Reading & Trivia Challenge (Entering Grades 3 and up) is similar to our recent Battle of the Books programs. They will read five books and attend regular trivia afternoons. Participation in the Reading & Trivia Challenge counts toward the summer reading game!
Questions? Email the children’s librarians: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com