Children’s At Home Online Learning and Resources
We curated a list of high-quality and free online learning and resources for you to utilize during this stay-at-home period. (last updated: 5/26/2020)
EBook and Digital Library
- Westchester Library System created an eResource Quick Guide with many great resources. Our librarian also curated a list which has 20 best Middle Grade titles from Hoopla and Libby!
- To meet the higher demands on digital books from our library users, we added many new titles from OverDrive/Libby.
- Black Rabbit Books offers many great eBooks for free!
- DK Home Learning for Kids
- Junior Library Guild, a renowned collection development professional service, now is offering their JLG@Home eBooks for free!
- PowerKnowledge Life Science, an interactive and fun digital library is now free.
- Sebco now is offering many non-fiction eBook for free. Follow the link: http://library.esebco.com/site/login?login=keepreading&password=SEBCO, and put 1 as the ID
- Access thousands of free eBooks for K-12 from Mackin
- Amicus Publishing entire eBook collection free.
- Free eBooks about Coronavirus for children from NYC School Library System.
- Download a great children’s eBook on Coronavirus from Candlewick.
Online Learning and Storytimes
- School Library Journal: Resources for Pre-K learning and Fun at home.
- Best Podcast on Kids’ books: https://kidlit.tv/2019/10/best-podcasts-for-kids/
- Scholastic Learn At Home
- HarperCollins: At Home Resources for Kids and Families during coronavirus 2020
- Candlewick Press: resources for educators
- Candlewick Online Summer Camp.
- Miss Gale’s Humblebee’s Academy for 3-6 years old
- Free authors virtual storytimes
- Looking for good math fiction and non-fiction for kids, here’s the Mathical list.
Free Online Activities & Printouts
- Penguin Random House puts together many educational resources and activities on Brightly.
- Peachtree: at-home resources for education and fun.
- Harper Collins offers Harper Kids Story Time Any Time with free downloadable activities.
- Phaidon Publisher Children’s Activity Pack
- Rainy Day Resources from Blue Manatee Press
- Coloring pages from Schiffer Kids
- New York Times “At Home” activities guide(for parents!)
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan offers many fantastic at-home activities!
- AMNH Online resources for science enthusiasts of all ages.
- Visit these world-class museums and cultural institutions in the comfort of your homes!
- Visit Connecticut greatest museums, aquariums and natural centers right at your finger tips!
- Visit Kennedy Space Center without leaving your couch!
- For parents who like classical music, Berliner Philharmoniker’s Digital Concert Hall is now free!